Wednesday 30 September 2009

A Week is a Long Time...........

I know the phrase is "a week is a long time in politics" but for me this week has been a long week in a family!
We have dealt with one pushing for independence then once granted not really wanting to fly in it. And now much more connected to others, driving towards the expected goal. The other going through relationship hassles and getting all angsty and now it looks like it is all over he is really happy, though still with major money hassles and no job, but not much more positive and motivated. Interesting how a loving relationship seemed to consume and drain him. And the big one having gone through his own middle age teenage angst and come through it.
Me I feel like I have been taken through it and back again, not trusted God as much as I ought to have done - hence not much blogging as it is hard to do a Positive blog when you don't feel positive, but now I am back again feeling more trusting that God actually did have it all sorted, that the hassles in the grand scheme of things are only small. And being reminded of a picture I had years and years ago of hanging on to God by my finger tips. Sometimes its like that but that is because in whatever sphere of life we are in sometimes a week can be a long time!

Am off to 24/7 Prayer conference in Amsterdam for this weekend - Thurs to Sun - feeling a bit of a fraud about going as we really want to do a prayer space in this town but nothing is opening as yet. Really going to hope to have some cool teaching, connect with some people, and just see...
Again it is back to trusting that this is what God wanted for us so He who is faithful will do it - a quote from 1 Thessalonians 5 somewhere
Hopefully will be blogging on things from the conference next week.

1 comment:

  1. I remember moving to Denmark and knowing God had taken us that route but beginning to feel the frustrations of living in a country with a different language. I remember saying to God "if I see one more queue button that I don't know which button to press I think I am going to sink" (each shop had a series of buttons you could press to get help like in the post office 1) stamps 2) packages 3) tickets and so on or something like that- not so good if you can't read Danish), it was at that point I felt like Jesus bend down laughing and saying "oh you of little faith". It struck me how he was laughing at it all, as if he recognised the huge step I had taken of getting out of the boat so he wasn't really mad at me just amused that my faith had dipped.

    ReplyDelete