Tuesday 8 September 2009

Israel/Palestine

Now this one isn't about the Bible but about the stance that was taken to the Israelite "security wall" which has basically cut Bethlehem off from the rest of the world and taken into into premature poverty. Now I know this is wrong and that the UN and all sorts have condemned this. But I also know that the whole Middle East and in particular Israel is an emotive topic.
I have 2 dear friends I would love to introduce and who, until they spoke about Israel would agree on so much and yet would probably never speak to each other again once Israel, present day situation, got a mention.
Now like I say I know its awful situation but in the light of what else is happening in the world there are a lot more things going on that could unite the church rather than divide it.
People have very differing views about how we should look at Israel. Are they still God's chosen? Has The Church replaced Israel as God's chosen? What does it all mean?
I did feel when there were lots of other issues that we could be really putting some effort into - North Korea, many places in Africa, etc this was another controversy!

No comments:

Post a Comment