Tuesday 6 October 2009

Quick overview of the 24/7 conference

Wow what a great weekend. There is loads I want to say but will go over my notes soon and put some stuff up. The teaching as always was excellent and practical and relevant.
What I love is that there are no heroes in this. One is listening to guys in hoodies who are doing the stuff not just talking about it.
Some of my highlights were when we were in a talk about mentoring and discipling and one of those being discipled had a word and shared it and finished off by saying "and we will pray for you" without talking to the leader. It was just that trust and total outworking of team stuff that really struck me. And also that Tabi got so much from the justice discussion and feels inspired that she isn't the only one who feels that way, and has been offered trips to Romford, UK and Finland to connect with people on a similar journey to her.
As well as great conversations and a great small group leader who really connected us all. And Amsterdam, even though dirtier than I remember, which is happening with lots of the cities I go to with Ian now, still had that charm for me.
And we came back to Ben having a full time job even though it is only temporary,
though how temporary he doesn't know. This came about after he got the verse about "ask, seek and knock" and then went and prayed and asked! (A long week in a family....)

Loads more to follow soon

No comments:

Post a Comment