Tuesday 3 February 2009

Oh no not time to have fun!

I was going to write something deep and meaningful from the course I am doing, esp as I am now procrastinating from writing an essay, but with the wonder of snow I am going to just say how I love the way this country grinds to a halt and everyone only talks of the weather when it snows.
As I looked through the Googlenews headlines this morning there is all sorts of things going on in the world but the only thing I clicked on was the headlines about the snow. Mind you it was very scary this morning driving Ben to his bus stop. I have never used ABS brakes before and they make the most amazing noise when on. But I did all the right things and survived the journey. In fact round our way things have been a bit tame compared to friends. Yes we have been phoning round to find out what has been going on, under the pre-text of knowing if people can make it the our home ed art group. Well it seemed to be only Tabi and I, and Karen our art teacher who were able to come so we canceled and thankfully the person we book the hall with is giving us a refund. Oh the people of this country are so good.
But then by the time we got out to go for a walk this afternoon most of the snow had melted and it was almost warm.
Funny that too with temperature - if it has been freezing cold, as in -6 this morning, when it gets up to +3 it feels positively hot.
But it was great hearing the news and one woman saying "what are we teaching our children by closing the schools, that when things get tough we go out and have fun?" Seems fair enough to me. Interesting comment after yesterday's report that said children were too pressurized by parents not wanting them to have any fun.
Perhaps we need more disrupted days so that we can all just go out and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment