Monday 16 February 2009

Sorry!

Have you ever noticed how much easier it is to let someone say Sorry to you than to say it them?
Ian and I have just been away on this marriage seminar and one of the things I noticed was that one needed to be humble and say sorry as soon as you realise you are wrong, and sometimes wrong can just be that you brought up the issue at the wrong time, so say Sorry and then you can start it on the right footing. I am even reading a book called Love and Respect, about how a woman needs love and a man needs respect; so to get a good relationship I need to respect Ian, and then he will love me as I need to be love. But notice this - I have to go the respect bit first. OK so if he was reading the book then maybe, just maybe, it would be the other way round, but............
Anyway going back to the Sorry thing. If I repent and forgive first then he will feel good, in fact anyone whether husband, child or friend, will all feel better about themselves. But you know when you do it more than once in an evening, you either feel like a really awful person who gets things wrong all the time, or like a doormat who is doing all the hard work.
Maybe its just me, but I do think some of these things that we should be doing that Jesus did are really hard work, and the fact that He said we would be greater things than Him - which is always fun when its healings or prophetic words (though how many prophetic words did Jesus utter - another thought!!) or something noticable - but think how deeply Jesus forgave when they had Him nailed to the Cross and He says we will do even greater things than Him.
Oh my word!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment