Sunday 15 February 2009

The Christian Drug!

I must admit I am stealing this thought from Michael Frost's book "Exiles", but yesterday it struck me very clearly and I am suffering the after effects.
We went to a really good marriage seminar run by Bath City church, which ran from Friday evening to Saturday evening. Over that time the heating in the accommodation was up full blast and it was electric heaters which were drying the air. But this is the drug thing - as always at a Christian event there was a constant supply of tea and coffee. Yes there was water in the tap, so I do have no excuse really. And there was a constant supply of cakes and biscuits. Then last night Ian and I went out for a Valentine's day meal and that sort of finished me off.
Before we went out I was suffering a wee bit with feeling spacey from too much sugar and caffeine and not enough water. This morning I woke up just feeling awful so had to stay at home, but it did make me wonder why whenever we do anything in church there is always tea and coffee but very rarely herbal teas, free iced water - in fact even with children's work we always seem to fill them full of sweets, chocolates and orange squash.
I wonder why it is so hard for "church" to give healthy stuff out for free?

No comments:

Post a Comment