Saturday 31 January 2009

The Tree of Knowledge

Now this one may seem a bit of an oxymoron as it opens up but bear with me!
I have felt God is leading me to break something of the fear of success and other issues about education, and also time management, and would like me to do some study, which may in turn lead to a degree. So I have started studying with the London School of Theology on a correspondent course, which does fit in beautifully with home school, running a home, family life, and also my exhaustion that I am having to deal with.
Anyway I have just started on Introduction to the Old Testament, which is a bit of a doddle as I have read the OT and studied it loads, but this is where I must start if I am to get this degree.
Anyway I have been stuck by loads of amazing things, but what really got to me first off which is what I'd like to start with it is the story of Joseph. What struck me was that it says about him and the interpretation of Pharaoh's dreams is that the magicians had all their study books and had learned how to interpret dreams and yet Joesph did it through God.
It got me thinking again about how many courses and books we can get from churches that teach us how to be prophetic, how to interpret dreams, how to pray for people, and how we learn ways to evangelize. And it really got me thinking of how often we all do it because the book or the course told us and how often do we listen to what God is saying. Now I am not saying these things are wrong per se but I am wondering on them, of more how much we rely on what we have learned rather than what God tells us.
Rick Joyner in "There were two trees in the garden" says that it was interesting that Satan tempted man to eat of the tree of knowledge rather than the tree of life. And it is like we are still wanting to eat of the tree of knowledge now rather than life.
I find too it interesting that this is something I have been pondering for years, got into arguments about, etc and yet God seems to have made this very clear to me when He has got me studying.
Wonder just what He is saying?

No comments:

Post a Comment