Wednesday 18 February 2009

Doing Greater than Jesus Did?

I have had a few sleepless nights praying into this whole thing of Jesus saying we'd do greater things than he did and again I see why we have focused on the healings and stuff rather than the character traits!
Jesus was so totally amazing in the way He could hear from God, was willing to only do what God told him to do, even though he could've done so much more, but even with all that he stayed humble, knew who he was and allowed others to be who they are too. (Very much like what Ian and I want to do with the Inspiring Heroes site - watch this space as that unfolds).
But I do wonder why we don't believe we can hear God and only do what He says like Jesus did; why we can't be humble and just go about are calling as God wants us to; to spend time with others and find out their gifts and encourage them into them; but also to see when the religious system is flawed and be willing to speak out and change things; be willing to know when we need time alone and when to share with others.
Oh I could go on and on, and of course the main one of forgiving totally and unconditionally
Though in praying into all this I realised why we go for the healings and miracles rather than the character traits, because actually the first is easier than the later, and also I don't think we quite believe how big the Holy Spirit really is, which is why we are always looking to others to lean on and to blame.
God is just so good and patient. Again this is something I so want to grow in.

No comments:

Post a Comment