Saturday 17 January 2009

God in charge!

Yes I do know that God is totally in charge of all my life and that He has my destiny in the palm of His hand, but sometimes when it happens I got totally amazed by it all.

Yesterday Tabi had a cookery course in Bristol, which she normally catches the train to, meets her friends at the station and walks to the venue. Well she was feeling a bit under the weather and had rehearsals in the evening, and a sleep over on Saturday night so we thought we would spoil her a bit and drive her in. Then Ben came back Thursday night to let tell us his girlfriend had dumped him and he was really really upset by it all as he really did like her.
So we looked on the map and saw that the cookery course venue wasn't that far from the climbing centre so Ian thought it would be Ben good to do some hard climbing so he took Ben there.
Well because the traffic was good getting into Bristol I dropped Ian and Ben at the climbing centre on the way to the cookery venue. We got there just on time and 2 of the mums were outside chatting. I knew one but not the other so joined them anyway. The one I knew was going shopping but the other one was off for a coffee so I went with her. We were meant to be meeting up with the other mum but finished up going to a different place as this mum I was with had lots of things on her mind and went where she was thinking of not to the place that had been arranged.
Anyway she got to telling me her story of all the awful things that had been happening to her, loads of horrendous stuff, but then loads of blessing in it all, and very much I could feel God in it all.
I could feel my hands trembling where I knew the Holy Spirit was so close to us. She does not believe in God, but also said that I had great insight and understanding into her situation. When she went up to get another cup of coffee I could really feel God pushing me, so when she came back I asked if I could pray for her. She said yes, as in yes you can pray when you want, I so I asked if I could pray now - here in Tesco's cafe!! It was an amazing time of prayer, of course God really stepped in and gave me some cool stuff to speak over her. and she finished up in tears. It was just so awesome.

So yes I am going to be praying for her now, but also I am going to be praying for more opportunities to be bold for Him. And also praying that I get over trying to work out where I fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment