Wednesday 14 January 2009

New Year

New Year is a funny time, especially this year as Tabi is following on from last year's work and working towards GCSEs this summer. It means that the end of the year is now in June. Very strange!
But I feel like I should be doing something, starting something, moving somewhere, but when I pray all I keep getting is "Be still and know that I am God and I will be exalted in the nations", or other things about resting on God and waiting for Him to rise me up.
Now I am a doer which I must admit being remarried has slowed me down a wee bit. I have to now wait for my husband to decided what is going on and I can't just go. But also I am now limited by Ben being at college and only getting to really have holidays in school holiday time. Also with him it is having the time to see him as when he is busy he needs his head space at home and so doesn't really talk, but then gets grumpy if we aren't free when he wants to talk. And with Tabi she is busy doing so many things that she keeps my calendar full. Most of that involves just being here, supervising, ordering books or movies on line for school related stuff, and taxiing.
It might just be a time of life as well at time of year thing, as I was talking to a friend, also in her late 40's and she was feeling similar, but because she had a larger family has 8 years left of home school. Though as we talked we both realised just how great life actually is. We do have time to just hang out and be and talk and have time with our children which so many people don't.
Perhaps its the age we live in that we are always searching for more, to achieve something, when actually being contented is the most important thing in life.
Dear Father God, please help me to learn more to rest in You, to not have to achieve to know that I am of value, and to be content with the people You place around me and to stop searching for something I can't have.
God is just so brilliant that I do wish us Christians could proclaim that a bit more rather than being just as bad as the world in wanting more and more and more - and needing to achieve.
Love, Peace and Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment