Friday 2 January 2009

Goodbye Car

This post isn't really in keeping with the Positive blog bit, but I wanted to publicly say good bye to my red Peugeot. Just before Christmas someone ran in the back of it where Ian had it parked at work and smashed the bumper, number plate, and crumpled up the floor of the boot. We sort of knew it was going to cost too much to repair but still............ This was a car I bought with money from my stepdad after he died and when I bought it 3 years ago we joked about how Ben would be able to learn to drive in it. Well Ben isn't doing much learning to drive as he had his hours cut in the pub and so couldn't afford driving lessons any more and also wasn't working too hard a passing his theory test. But also now it is gone. And I know its only a car and much worse things are going on with people losing jobs, houses, etc and I feel very silly as I don't get attached to many material things. I am a relationships person so I feel odd. I did say my goodbye's to it before Christmas when I cleared all the rubbish out of it, and did cry when the car transporter took it away on Monday.
Mind you I have been saying for a while that I do feel like maybe we shouldn't have 2 cars and that maybe we should get rid of one, but there has always been that tension because I didn't want to get rid of my red one but we did need the big one for going camping, etc. So maybe, just maybe God had a hand in this and He made sure it happened. And also we have got some money from the insurance and no one was hurt in the accident. So who know?
Perhaps this too is a way of teaching me to trust God in all things. So perhaps this does still qualify for a positive blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment