Saturday 13 March 2010

Oh to 18-25 again!

After the last post of debt and young people I am now wishing I was that age again. Maybe not a teenager but very much in that age of 18-25 when life seems to sort out a bit more, people start taking you seriously, the hormones are calming down, and the door of opportunity is wide open!

We came back from IAM10 24-7Prayer.com party with a bag full of leaflets. It has taken me a month to get around to look at them and they are totally amazing. It is all on the justice and prayer angle, which is awesome, but all very much aimed at the 18-25 year olds.
Oh I could go on about all sorts but really I am just awfully jealous of these young people who have so much energy too. I'm suffering with lack of energy at the moment too - menopause and chicks flying the nest!
I was wondering what there was out there for those of us who didn't get to Jesus till we were older (30 plus for me) and are only just starting to work out what we are called too. There is loads and I am just trying to get over the things that our society can be prone to throw at us, that by late 40's we are over the hill, which is so untrue but can leap up and grab one at times.
I am now waiting with excitement and anticipation for when my energy comes back after menopause and Ben and Tabi getting a bit more sorted and just see where I will fit. But sometimes there is that frustration of missing out because so little is about to encourage those who are older, no 40-60's group to join. Life very much is geared towards the younger generations
And also to make sure that I don't get too jealous of these opportunities and frustrated when these young people settle for just the ordinary!! :)
Like my dear friend Mavis I want to still be causing hassle for the Kingdom when I'm as old as she is. Bring it on!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Diane for your kind words about me. But I know what you mean about the age thing. I used to get SO frustrated when everything seems to be geared to the younger people. I used to think 'And what about me? Don't I count for anything?' And then I thought 'but God hasn't finished with me yet!' I got to thinking when I woke up in the morning: 'Well I'm still alive so God must have something He wants to use me for.' Then I began to discover that the word 'retirement' doesn't exist in God's dictionary (if He has one, that is)

    You also get used to the phrase 'Well you can always pray', said in a rather patronising way as though I wouldn't be any good doing anything else. Not that I'm decrying praying. As you know, that is exactly what God wants me to do but not because I'm older and not so energetic. But maybe because now I have more time to set aside, to listen, to ponder, to read, to be a little less busy with family preoccupations etc etc. He knows what plans He has for us and it is His supreme will to give us life in abundance - and that doesn't have a sell-by date on it. It's as long as we are here in this life.

    Looking forward to meeting up in April when we can spend more time talking about all these things. Much love and blessings to you, Mavis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mavis
    So looking forward to seeing you too

    ReplyDelete