Saturday 6 March 2010

How we should live!

There are a couple of good pieces out there on the blogs - one from Emerging Mummy, which you can get to via Accidental blog and one from the 2churchmice - and what has been buzzing in my head which sort of fits with them. Hey I'm a connector and I like to connect things!!

How do we live our lives? What do I do that makes a difference to other people? How do i walk out my Christian walk in the doing what Jesus would do?
I am very caught up in this whole act justly and behave righteously and am exploring what it means. But when I suggest to people that actually we could form groups to pray blessing over the town, over the area, they look at me as though I have lost the plot.
I am told that one fellowships and prays for each other, that we learn so that we can grow. I am not sure if I understand this when I read what Jesus and the early disciples got up to.
Yes we are to grow in Christ. We are to die to self and take up our cross and that this is a daily thing. But we must be caring for others. What is it Jesus says about how people will be seperated? The sheep and goats story? Those who do good things to others, who see what is going on and take care of them. And He also says "I can only do what I see the Father doing?" and how do we know what the Father is doing? By praying more and more, by seeing the presence of God come down when we pray.

2churchmice look at a book where and Christian and an atheist go round different congregations in US. The atheist notice that there is a lot of talk about self help and very little about caring for others. Yes I know I must care for my fellow believers, but I am afraid for me that is with a desire to lift them up and to see what a difference they could make for the area they live in if they pray and pray and pray some more, hear from God and expect Him to reveal what He wants them to do, and to just see what a difference His Spirit makes when we pray and call Him into a situation.

This is what I want to do. And as Emerging Mummy says I don't want to be remembered for clean floors and a nice house but for so so so much more.
Interestingly in the week my 16 year old daughter said she would keep following God because she wanted to finish up in heaven with me. Now I think that means I must be doing something right - hopefully in my journey with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment