Thursday 27 August 2009

Greenbelt

I've been a bit quiet of late. Lots of stuff in my head but no real outlet. I think I am waiting for Tabi to get to college so I have 8hrs at least free every day to think and blog and do some study. Lots of study planned.

But as so many of those I follow on blogs are off to Greenbelt I felt I ought to just say I am going too. Though whether I shall be brave enough to say Hi to those I know via blog, and those I've met in passing at conferences who knows. But I have some real friends I know I will catch up with and enjoy.
As this is mine and Tabi's first ever Greenbelt we are not sure what we are letting ourselves in for but I am sure I will come back with loads and loads to blog on. Just looking at who is coming that I sort of know I know it will challenge my thinking.
I do find it odd though that I have avoided this festival for years because as a new Christian I was told that this was not a good place to go if one's faith wasn't that strong. And yet now I am taking Tabi because she is challenging so many things about the established church, and wants so much more. And the thing is with the joy of the internet I now know that many of those coming will challenge her walk with God.
You know we are so blessed by the good things on the internet that no more do we have to just believe what someone older than us, who may not have even visited these things says, we can read what others think and say, check out the blogs of speakers and make much more informed decisions.
Ok so I know there is also a lot of bad stuff and confussing stuff out there but let's honour what is there and do our best maybe to flood cyberspace with the amazingness of God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment