Thursday 13 August 2009

The Journey

It has been an interesting one just of late! But then life is a journey and I think, for me, especially, I need to start getting use to it. For what feels like one of the first times ever I have realized I was on a wrong road, had been side-tracked due to pressures of making sure everyone else is ok, money is fine, etc, etc. On the Sophia Network Jenny talks of how women do put themselves last and this is true. But I have realised that to be true to my family, to my daughter and my son, honest to my husband, I need to start keeping on the path God has set for me.
You know when I took that wrong turn, it was like when you do it in the car, and everything just felt wrong. I struggled to put my finger on it because others too were saying that this must be the right path because of..... (and they listed their reasons). Which also got me thinking as to how often when someone asks what we think we got to our own life view rather than God's.
I have managed to do a major U turn and I am back going towards the road I think I was on. I need now to, instead of rushing ahead and doing I need to be praying and thinking. So much has changed so suddenly that it was easy to get swept along. And, as I read in Steve Chalke's Apprentice book we so often fill our lives with being busy so that we don't have time to think.
Hey I have been blessed by a husband who has totally taken on board me and my children and sometimes in my being grateful I try to over-compensate instead of trusting him too.
I need to go back and reread what I have written about discipling and community and see, firstly now who/what/where my community is now I am no longer a home schooling mum and find out how I connect into there, and also look and listen to who it is that He has me discipling and how I do that.
Interestingly with the discipling those I thought I would just carry on supporting have all just been too busy to see me so I think God is saying something there too.
But for me now its a time to trust in Him and He has a plan and also thinks I am great, and stay on the journey He has me on.
But isn't it great that we have a God who is ok with us making mistakes and can help us do major U turns?

1 comment:

  1. Amen to the fact God allows us to make mistakes. I also believe that we don't have to go in a straight line to get somewhere, some twists and turns can lead to some interesting lessons along the way. As I write that I think that maybe there are destinations we are meant to reach along our journey but the route is not necessarily so clear cut, there is more than one way to get there but the general direction is important.

    ReplyDelete