Thursday 14 May 2009

McDonald Lifestyle

I have chosen not to hang out in McDonald's any more. Not because of ethical reasons though I could list them too. No this reason is because it is such a reflection of where we are in so many places, in so much of a hurry that I can't watch that reflection any more.

The last time I was sat there what I saw was the "Can I help you?" being asked before the customer has gathered their purchases and moved out the way. Everything was rushed, fast food, fast lifestyle, to be able to deal with as many people as possible. All rushed along but not faces actually seen, no real interaction.
And I got to wondering how often we do this in life? How often we are with someone but because we want to make as many people as possible know we care we are always looking over that persons shoulder.
Yes we do deal with what is asked of us, even making eye contact for a while, but there is so rarely that soul/heart connection. There is so little time to do so much and at least we are doing the numbers thing???

No comments:

Post a Comment