Sunday 24 May 2009

Earthquake

The land is shifting, the tectonic plates of life seem to be shifting. There feels like an earthquake happening in our lives at the moment - seems like everything that could shift is, apart from the fact we are staying in the same house!!
I was sharing this with someone and said I felt a bit wobbly and she challenged me on my foundations. I love it when people do that because one can then go back and check and this word "Earthquake" was what God gave me. And no matter how well a building is build when the earthquake comes it will wobble but it depends on how those foundations were build how the building handles the earthquake. I remember from some dream interpretation stuff that when you dream of a house it can represent yourself - which we do take further with analogies of rooms, cupboards.
Yes I do think my foundations are doing ok. I am wobbling but hopefully I am staying faithful to the one who is always there to me, Jesus, and I am swaying with the amazing changes that are going on all round us. But I must say that my foundations have been built in times of change and having trust God and even though the earthquake comes I will wait on the still small voice of God, just as Elijah did, to know where to go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment