Monday 22 February 2010

Pushing Doors...... or prompted by God?

This is a personal, where I'm at blog

For a while I have been praying about Weymouth, the place where the 2012 Sailing events for the Olympics will be held and wondering about going down and prayer walking there. I've even been praying over my diary to see when I could do this. And interestingly about how I could be involved after it is all over.
We get the Ywam update magazine regularly and this month had something about teams for the 2012 Olympics so I emailed the person at the bottom to see what I could do. Turns out the person involved is someone we sort of know - the ex-captain, but still main man in charge, of the Next Wave, the Ywam ship my son Ben went on back in the summer of 2007. Ben is very lovely and so always remembered!!
From email to say I was up for doing something I have had an email back to say that the pastors of Weymouth are having a meeting to consider whether to have a Ywam coordinator help them set things up and would I be willing to consider it.
I did pray and have had some interesting dreams but the upshot is that if they say Yes then I am going to attend a meeting.

I do need to hold in my heart that it wont be till after Weds that I shall know if they even want someone or not, and then not till the meeting, which will be in the next couple of weeks, will I know if they want me.
Being me I have jumped ahead a bit and am seeing it as my job but that is because I am made that way and do have to imagine the situation and me in it before I can go anyway.

But the thing I come back to, the thoughts I have, are was this a prompt by God to get in touch at just this time, or did I want to push a door and it was coincidence? It is always that one that is hard to tell. How do we know what is God leading us and what is God being kind to us because He wants to bless us or even what is just coincidence? And how often do we push a door, it swings wide open but it is not of God at all and is going to lead us up some wrong path? But then if we do that with the right heart does God care for us and bless us anyway? And anyway is any experience ever wasted? or is that just a humanistic approach?

Lots of grapple with as well as trusting the outcome of this meeting on Weds and then.......

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Diane, hope this works out, being a keen sailing family we'd love to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a hard one Dianne. I have seen all those examples and I have seen where doors have swung open and people walked through without stopping to consider what they are doing, taking the open door as an invitation and any opposition to what the are doing is considered from the Devil and not warnings from God. I believe that some experiences are wasted but only those we don't learn from, it is alright to make mistakes but only if we learn from them.
    Well that is the negative side but the positive side, unless you step out how do you learn? It is not as if you are rushing into it.

    ReplyDelete