Thursday 30 April 2009

Sheffield

On the weekend I went to this totally amazing conference and met up with other people who have a heart to reach out to people in areas of new spirituality, an area where so many of my friends are. It was awesome.
And what was so cool, and got me repenting from a new church point of view, was that these were Anglicans, Methodists and Baptists, as well as some new church people too (it was put on by the Church Army). So often I have been given the impression that the new church movement can very much feel it is the innovator, the one pushing the boundaries, and yet this is so not true.
But it takes me back to where God keep bringing me back to - of how disunified His church is. If we did connect more with other denominations, see and hear the amazing things they have going on too then we would be so much more directional. Again I can feel God stiring this in my heart as He brings us to a place, interestingly, of starting something new here - but that is another story.

Oh I am sure there are loads and loads I could say but it is all still rumbling around in my head. I could do with a few days retreat to get my head sorted, but have stepped into a really busy week. Check out for yourselves some of the other blogs that talk about it
2churchmice - which is John and Olive Drane who are pioneers in this field
Jonny Baker - who is very enigmatic
Sally Coleman -found under Eternal Echoes and Emerging Feminist (oh I do wish I could learn to put links on this blog!) who is just so straight and so lovely and so awesome
And I will pop others on as I get in touch with them

ASBO Jesus has a great cartoon which says "Todays message is....." and someone saying "But I haven't put last week's into practise yet" And I feel a bit like this. I need some time to assimilate it all, and I'm not sure if I've really yet got my head round the 24/7 conference back in Sept!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention Diane, it really was a good weekend wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete