Wednesday 17 December 2008

Being bold on following what God says

I have been totally amazed at reading Martin and Gayle Scott's newsletter. I quote:

"We have been in Palma for the past 4 days looking for property. We were able to see 5 in total. One stunning place and excellent value but about 800 yards / metres too far away from the area where we have believed we should be located.

It was a good feel to walk away from it."


How many of us I wonder would be that accurate with the message God had given us? How many of us would've thought that it fitted almost and really 800yds is about a 10 minute walk so that is good enough?
It really has taken me back to God and I have been talking to Him again about what He has given me to do and how often I do the almost, or do things because I like them and well ..... they are good things.
And you know it has been really interesting since getting back to the place of checking things out with Him on where I am going and what I am doing that He has given me not a fresh revelation but a confirmed old revelation of what He has for me to do and I am going to have to go back and say No to a few people. And also make sure I don't do things just because they pleased others but to remember the call He gave me - which bottom line is "to equip the saints through discipleship".

Also I have noticed that when we take what God gives us to other people they will all answer differently because they all come from where they are, and we must make sure that we are not tossed like the waves with every new person we speak with but stick to that exact area that God has asked us to walk in.

Thanks Martin for showing us the way

No comments:

Post a Comment