Friday 30 April 2010

Elections

It is only 6 days now till the UK general elections. I know it is my democratic right to vote, but the question is who for? This is not a political discussion but just to say how with our local candidates they have all 3 taken very strange tactics, identical tactics but all the same. Each has chosen not give points from their manifestos but to rundown the other candidates. Some of the things they are saying are very silly and just obvious too.

If I was taking my vote on who gave me the clearest picture of what they stood for it would be one of the minor parties just because they are telling me what they stand for not how rubbish the other parties are. I have even written to one of the candidates to say how disappointed I was that when he gave me a card what only had 3 points on why I should vote for him these were 1. that he was local, 2. that in our area it is only a 2 horse race, and 3. that the other main horse didn't live in the area. At least the English Democrats (where did these come from?) can tell that they will give good hospital treatment to me when I'm only and a good pension and jobs only to people who speak English. I'm not saying I'll vote for them but at least they told me what they stand for rather than how rubbish everyone else is.

At least with these televised debates we can know at least what the leaders of the big 3 stand for.

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought of entering a no vote? Going to the polling booth and handing in a ballot paper with no votes is still a vote and registers an interest in the democratic system and disinterest in the candidates offered. Last resort to me but I would have considered doing just that if I felt that there was no options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting thought. I think I will still vote for the one I think might be the best for where we are, as in voting in the MP rather than the party. Also going to be praying lots.
    I think I am just sad that on all sides they have such great ideas and yet their way of trying to get us to vote is to rundown the other party. So sad. Why cant they just tell us all the positive things they will do?
    I wonder if it is because we get so much from them in junk mail that like having lots of TV chanels it dumbs down the content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think given the choice I would do the same as you, it would have to be really bad for me not to put a vote against someone's name but I would still consider it rather than not turning up at all.

    ReplyDelete