Wednesday 6 January 2010

Running with the Weather

This week started out look very busy, lots going on, lots to juggle about, but now the snow has come. It was one of those things when I heard about it I didn't quite believe it and so made sandwiches for Tabi for college and me for work, but we had them for lunch at home today.
This is Ben's first winter in a job and he's found it hard, that whole thing of not being about to play in the snow, of having to bunk at a friend's house tonight as he wont be able to get in tomorrow morning, of not thinking about all this when he packed to go to work mid morning today once the roads have cleared.
And hard for me as mum to keep my mouth shut and not nag him to ask the people he is staying with to give him lunch, much as I would love to.
But it has got me thinking esp from reading these prophecies of life changing how we so need to be not just watching the seasons but realising that we need to be willing to be flexible and to go with the flow with them. It is not just about watching but about reacting to what we see. We can see that it is going to snow but what do we do about it, still carry on the same old way and hope its all ok or bend and flow with the changes?
Talking of prophecies too I was reading Joanna's blog (The Journey) and where she says about Martin Scott prophecying over them about travel and then how they started to make things happen. From reading the stuff that is said to be going to happen this year how much am I willing to make things happen?
Though I do say I would love a clear directive from God to know what my "mission" is for this year. It still all seems very very vague. Doors sort of opening but not too clearly. But maybe too I need to just watch the seasons and then react to what the weather sends me?

4 comments:

  1. I think Diane that you are following the path God has given you by posting your thoughts and making us think. You are writing about how muddled you feel on letting go, you are listening and watching and learning and that is all coming through in your blog. People don't really need leaders who are way off in the distance saying this is the way, the road is clear just follow me, they need people who will sit awhile while they eat, like a shepherd takes care of his flocks. There are times to move on, and there are times to just sit, and we need to rediscover those rhythms and we don't all need a "mission" but we do need to live the life we are given. We need to be honest before God and before each other and you are good at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue Mitchell also commented on the snow and the signs God is giving at this time. You can check it out at http://mitchellsue.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, you may need to try http://mitchellsue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog via Martin Scott and Mavis! It is encouraging to hear that my thoughts about this year are probably not "off the wall" after all and made me realise that I need to be around others who may be sensing similar things.

    ReplyDelete