Thursday 21 January 2010

Haiti

I've had some stuff in my head for this for a bit but life has been busy what with teen hassles and flapping of wings, getting a job that means I'm out the house about 8am. It's only 2hrs but then I carry on to the computer course I'm trying to finish, then to visit with friends, and also have had a full day with the CAB training so when I've been on the computer my head hasn't quite been there. Tonight I have been spoiled by the whole family going off climbing and me having the house to myself. There was the usual pressure to catch up with friends but I am resisting.

Anyway some thoughts I've been having on Haiti - I will not duplicate what has been said so do just check on to other blogs that I've listed and link on to others too.

I was praying for Haiti and reading my Bible. I'm doing Matthew in order and had just come to the feeding of the 5,000. What amazed me is what we do pray when we pray and what we don't pray. Here in this story Jesus multiplies physical things because the people needed him too and it says he was filled with compassion for them. So I got praying that the food, water and medical supplies would be multiplied for Haiti so that there was more than enough.
That very day I get an email from The Message Trust in Manchester who sponsor hundreds of children in Haiti and they have had their luggage allowance multiplied by Virgin Atlantic to half a ton each (each of those in the Message Trust who are going over) and then today I see the headlines that the Haiti aid appeal has reached £38million and is growing. Is this an snswer to my prayer? It wasn't quite what I asked for but I do see it as that.
It did make me wonder though how often we pray for healing, conversions, safety, even wealth but don't pray for God to do again the miracle of multiply vital life needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment