Saturday 28 November 2009

Focus

Where one's focus is that is where one puts one's energies!

I have found it very interesting over the last few days as to what people find important and how when they get really fixed on something they expect everyone else to be too and can get quite irate when people are not on the same campaign as they are.
Though they can be forgiving if the person is dedicated totally to another campaign but woe betide one not to fixated on some sort of campaign.
The ones I have seen of late, and they are all wonderful people and I do wish I could do it, are those home educators who have really put all their energies into making sure their MPs know about this very controlling report by Mr Badman - yes this is really his name - which sets out to put state control on home education, and which the government it trying to slide through hiding under another bill that looks ok. And then there are those great people who are cycling, catching trains, etc to London for 5th of Dec and even cycling or using public transport to get to Copenhagen for 13th December to promote that total deep need for something to change in the way we are destroying our planet. Of other people I know who are going all out to make Human Traffiking in the news, raising money by driving in a Land Rover to somewhere in deepest Africa, and producing information to make this a know thing, very similar to William Wilberforce and stopping slavery 200 years ago.
As you can see I see these causes and many others as very amazing, commendable, need someone to do something about.
But I like many people in this county see all these things as important and in need of change. How are we to know where to put our energies in prayer and in action?
I had a great time at a 24/7 Prayer regional networking day but all that did was give me even more things I would love to be doing if only...........

No comments:

Post a Comment