Tuesday 17 March 2009

Undeserved Healing

Did a really daft thing on Sunday night. We had church on Sunday evening instead of morning and the guinea pigs had been out in their run on the front lawn - hey the sun is shining and so everyone gets to go out. They had been brought in but not the run, so very grumpily and martyr-like I moved the run whilst dashing to the car and smacked my head against our very well pruned cherry blossom tree. So hard that I swore loudly and was also bleeding. Ok well weeping type bleeding not pouring. But it really hurt and I felt all dizzy and stuff. But being the martyr I am we went to church. Also because Ben and Tabi were on duty!

Everyone was very sympathetic, as well as laughing at me! I got a cup of very weak, sweet tea, which is enough to stop anyone wanting to feel shock ever again. It is so horrid!!

Just as we were going into the main meeting Ros prayed for me. Nothing major happened at the time. But then I stood up to worship. Now there are lots of things I think you can do at home rather than drag yourself out in the car on a Sunday evening that keep you a bit connected with what is going on - esp with our lot as we have this thing of being able to stream the message live into the computer! All very clever! And I think, yes, you can read books, listen to other sermons, have other Christians round for a meal and discuss what God is doing, pray, loads of that stuff, but the one thing you can't do at home is corporate worship. Now someone did try to tell me you can worship at home which I do know but it is that corporate thing. And we all know that worship isn't just the singing thing, and should be a life style, so really I mean the singing thing.
And to me I love to sing and dance and leap about. I am a dancer, even been told that I have a countenance of worship, and I just love to go for it. So I was a bit tentative when I first stood up.

But hey, God is totally awesome. You know He healed my head just so I could dance about in my own style and fashion, and just really enjoy being there. And I realised that it didn't make any major difference to anything. You know He just did it because He loves me so much.
And to me this adds on to a conversation from last Weds about do we choose God or did He choose us, and maybe I'm being a bit proud but I love the thought that God chose me just because.... Like not for any other reason than because.... And that He healed me Sunday night just because...........
And I know this doesn't answer all the questions of why He doesn't but then maybe that is all just because .... too

No comments:

Post a Comment