Wednesday 25 March 2009

God Involved in Creation

I had a thought in the car yesterday - Ian was talking about global warming and the worry that daffodils are enjoying the warmer weather and so are coming out earlier but there was a fear that the insects that pollinate them may only come out when there are enough daylight hours, so there was the fear that daffodils would not get pollinated and so would cease to exist.
Now what I thought was - if God can heal people's sight, grow legs, heal hearts, also heal emotional hurts and pains, release us from generational stuff that drags us down when we pray, then why can't we get praying for creation and expect God to start healing that?
I have a great heart for "and then I will heal their land" from Chronicles and other places, and have been involved in praying out curses from the land due to awful things that have happened, but again I wonder if I have missed some of this. I think too of the beginning of that verse which says "if my people will humble themselves and pray....." and I do wonder if with most of the climate change issues we have very much said this is man's fault for the awful way he has treated the planet so we as humans need to putting it right. So we work hard on what we can do, what we should give up, recycle, etc and all of these things I totally believe we should be doing, but do we really pray that God can change the things that are out of sorts because of our own selfish ways?

In fact how much of the bad stuff in this world is due to our selfishness? Most of it really, though we don't like to admit that with disease and deformities, but still.... So maybe we could get praying for God to sort out the mess we have made of this planet? and some of it will be technology, but I think some of it may just be God altering the DNA in certain things so they can survive.
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray............"

No comments:

Post a Comment