Saturday 21 March 2009

Marriage - a Two way thing

I just wanted to share about the great afternoon I've had out with Ian being able to share and chat through some stuff. A lot of the time because I am the life coach, in training, I do lots of life coach type practise stuff on him and he loves it, laps it up and comes back for more. But I think because I have been hurt by sharing stuff with others, and with him at times I keep things very close to my chest, unless I am having a rant, which is a very different thing.

Anyway I was blessed on Friday by being able to be the parent-helper with Tabi's cookery group, which mainly meant I was making up the numbers for insurance reasons, and it gave me about 2 hours all to myself, which I used to life coach myself as I was getting totally overwhelmed with all the things I wanted to do.
A week or two before I had done a talk with a Genesis Trust group about motivation and one of the points I came up with was after writing one's plan share it with someone you trust to help to keep you accountable and to give some feedback.
Well I decided, felt God led, whatever, to share it with Ian. So I took my book with my plan in it and all my thoughts and shared it with him.
It was so good to do. He gave me some insights into what I was saying, decisions he could hear that I had made but that I didn't see as decisions made, and then he came up with some cool ideas about time management, which interestingly now he is going to implement too, and I really do feel like for the time being I know where I am going and what I am doing. I have deadlines in place for the next couple of weeks, and some long term ones for the end of this year, which I have never done before always having been too frightened to plan that far ahead.

So for me, I knew I had married my best friend, but sometimes I don't use him as that. I take on the helpmate role, which I know is mine, but I do not lean on him as I should for things like planning.
I am so glad that between us we could help each other. Thank You God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment