Monday 6 July 2009

Work!

Today I am off for a trial for a job I have been offered. It is not quite what I expected but I can see God's hand all over it.
Firstly I wasn't expecting to get something until the end of Aug when Tabi starts college, but also I wanted something world changing. What I am doing today is working in a cafe! But the way it came about can only be God.
When our new Avon Cosmetics lady started calling I felt I had to buy things regularly so that I could get to know her. Then last time we got chatting about things and I mentioned about Tabi going to college and about looking for a job. She works part time in this cafe and said that there was a job possibly going but it hadn't been advertised but she would chat with the owners when she next saw them. Anyway she pops in to say they want to see me for an informal chat and see what we think of each other. The conversation was amazing! We talked about home school and they liked my stance, even though they were teachers. Then asked what Ben and Tabi were going to be doing and when I said about Tabi wanting to be a lawyer it turned out their son was a really high flying one, but they were impressed that I knew about which exams she should be doing. It was like I passed the interview by not really talking about the job.
So its like I know its God, and another friend has said she feels excited for me, but really what I was expecting was something in the caring professions. I feel a bit flat, as well as nervous about this morning.
I suppose this is what happens when you put God in charge!!

2 comments:

  1. Mavis Andradez7 July 2009 at 07:57

    God's ways are not always our ways! Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Mavis

    ReplyDelete