Wednesday 22 July 2009

Nancy

Whilst we were away on holiday my friend Nancy lost her fight with cancer. It has been a few days now since we found out and I have had long chats with God about it all.
I found it so hard though that He didn't work a miracle. Hundreds of people were praying for her and she had so much faith, often sending out emails and blogging about how God would heal her, quoting Bible verses, etc. She very much kept a lot of the rest of us going through this and now she's gone.
Why does God not heal everyone?
Tabi said that we serve a jealous God and that He really wants us to be with Him in heaven. Oh you can see why Jesus said that we had to enter heaven like a child. I know Tabi is 15 now and has some of the cynicism that teenagers have but she still has that honest innocent trust in God that we all should have. Basically He is God and He decides how long our life span is and when He is going to take us.
The great thing to know is that Nancy did seize the day and did speak into many people's lives, sometimes to the point of being infuriating but she was always loving and giving to others. And very much she was in a place to go meet with God.
For me I want to now do all He has planned for me, to live life in His fullness totally knowing what He wants for me to do and then doing it. But also being prepared to go to live with Him whenever He calls time!
So even now she's gone Nancy still hassles me and gets me to that place of prayer with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment