Tuesday 28 October 2008

John 3:27

John 3:27 "A man cannot receive anything unless it has been given from heaven" has really been speaking to me.

I get easily confused about how I can push at certain doors and they remain firmly closed and yet others just fly open. I would love to be more involved with prayer and prophecy in my congregation but the doors there seem to be very sticky, even though I am gaining an amazing relationship with the people involved in leading these things, but it just seems a slog to go further. And then out of the blue God suggests about encouraging a prayer group here in the town where I live, about 8 miles from where we do church. I chat with the pastor, apparently miss out on the welcome they wanted to give me and turn up a week after they had been expecting me, and then get the amazing pleasure of Ian and I being able to meet with the woman who heads things up at the moment with the prayer, praying for her, encouraging her and prophecying over the town and over her. Amazing! And this is what God said - that this time was what He has given us from heaven. And I do think that He has loads of people in the congregation we are at who do what we were blessed in doing with this lady.

Other things happen like that all the time and it is amazing. And what I think He said to me was about always having an open heart and an open spirit to go where He leads but to not get dispondent when He doesn't take me where I think I would like to go.

I was even thinking of how 10 years ago, after my marriage had split up and I moved back to somewhere I felt safe, that I had the job of praying for my neighbour's marriage and they are still together now. And yet if my own marriage hadn't failed then I wouldn't have been there to pray for them. I know God could've sent someone else but it was very odd to be able to do that from the place I was at the time.

I am going to learn more though of how to keep my eyes open to know what God has in heaven for me and to make sure my heart stays in a pure place of being able to receive that.

No comments:

Post a Comment