Thursday 31 December 2009

A New Year, A New Decade

I know its the last day of the old year but I am wondering what is coming. I've had this sense of expectation but with intrepidation for a few days now, then this morning have been up since before 6am and found that my daughter was awake too, and my husband was sort of awake. It was like that night before Christmas feel. Its odd
So I got up and have been reading as God has led and have read Jeremiah 34 (where they Hebrews repent and release their brethren they've enslaved and they change their minds) and Revelation 12 (the woman giving birth and the dragon coming to try to kill her and God protecting her and her offspring). And I wonder what God is saying through all this and all I can write in my journal is "the world is changing".
I've checked the news pages and there is nothing significant, not like the Tsunami of Boxing day 2004 or the Twin Towers, but I just get that feel of that, of something coming that we don't expect, that we didn't really see coming, that will change people's worlds.
I wanted to blog it so that I have it in writing and also in the hope of some feedback from anyone who reads this.
So I am praying for an safe new year for us and and for us who "see" things to be vigilant and praying so that the unexpected does not happen and that we follow what God wants and do not relent.


Wow! Talk about getting confirmation - check out http://3generations.eu/blog/?p=1840&cpage=1#comment-1810 2010 from Paul Leader on Martin Scott's blog
And there is a post from Sharon Stone that I want to read in more detail too, which seems to be saying similar things. Probably to be found on her website though I got it from EmergeWales email.
Glad I wrote what I did first!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you wrote this Diane. I too have been feeling that this is a time for something new and different. I also read Martin Scott's blog and the comments and have been feeling much the same about our new garden. It's like, now is the time to sow back into the land literally and I look forward to seeing how God directs me in this.

    At the beginning of this post you say 'I've had this sense of expectation but with intrepidation'
    After reading your blog I read Sarah Rooney's (I know you also follow her blog) and she quotes Emerging Mummy as saying 'Can you live in a sense of expectancy without the burden of expectations?'

    It is so reassuring when others also voice what we are feeling and thinking - that we're not just individuals doing stuff on our own. There are others who are singing from the same song sheet as it were. Here's to 2010 and all that God has prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Diane and sensed a build up of something, it is almost like watching the tide go out before a Tsunami and knowing that despite the temptation to go down and look what is happening the best place is to run to the hills for safety. When I read the comments about business and stock markets I feel like they have just not got it, it is the old order, it will pass away and I pray for a fairer and more just society but the transition for many will be painful as the old certainties disappear but liberating and exhilarating for others as they embrace the new ways. I remember being completely amazed as one after another of the communist countries challenged the old order and the changes that swept in. It was and still is a painful transition for many in this country in Latvia, but I believe ultimately for the best once they have moved away from the capitalism they embraced at the time. Latvians themselves are talking about this as a time where the Latvian people have grown up. I am excited but I like change, I get bored otherwise but I am also nervous about what God is going to expect of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you laddies for the encouragment.
    Its good too to remember about how communism fell because sometimes when I hear people talk about the old going, esp with banking, etc, I feel hopeless and wonder... But it is good to be reminded that it really was sudden the way communism fell. And actually we should feel a bit of intrepidation because transition is hard work and takes time to settle.
    Thank you X

    ReplyDelete