Monday 24 January 2011

No Time No Clear Thoughts

I am fully gripped with this college course at the moment. A friend asked recently why I hadn't blogged in so long. It is because all my time and energy and thought process is filled up with writing assignments, dealing with home and family, launching my kids into the big wide world and just getting by.
I am loving college but the fact that for Access to HE we have to do 6+ subjects all of which come with assignments there is always just so much buzzing in my head all the time. i write essays in my sleep, pray for my children who are not children any more and their future whilst I'm on the bus.
I totally admire those mums who've been full time workers, or even part time workers, and full time mums. I admire those who can blog and do study. Actually most of all I admire all the young people who go to college and still hold on to God. College is an amazingly hostile place to follow God. Western civilization is not just very humanist but very antagonistic to Christianity in very open ways. Things that are done and said would not be said about other religions, or at least not about certain other religions. I can understand why young people either keep their heads down or lose their faith entirely.
Thankfully my daughter is one of the "keeping her head down" and is surviving. I keep praying for her. I can see though why my son moved away, just slowly.
God is big enough though.
Anyway I've got a place doing History at Bath Spa University for Sept 2011, and I've also got a part time job as an assistant youth worker which will help pay for the coffee habit I've developed since starting college. Oh the conversations are great and I do have an amazing time sharing who God is with people, but with all this blogging will be few and far between.
But that doesn't mean I'm not still thinking.....

3 comments:

  1. With you all the way, including the coffee habit albeit one cup of instant coffee as I sit down to work. I am so grateful that my course means I finish just before Christmas and don't start back until 30th January this year, discreet modules mean a better break in between, not continual assignments.

    Congratulations on your Uni placement, hope it all goes really well for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way, you're in a great place to understand exactly what your kids are living through. You gave them to God and He has tight hold of them and won't let go! Can't wait for the Easter break so we can catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter had traumatic brain injury 8 years ago, went through incredible rehab. She still trusts God and is now taking 27 credits at New York Chiropractic College. Keep praying. God answers prayers.

    ReplyDelete