Friday 24 December 2010

The Nativity

I've just watched The Nativity on www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer Well worth it. But interestingly it very much follows along from what I was saying in my last post, about Mary being despised, Joseph struggling to accept it all - very much as one would expect a young man to be when his betrothed shows she's pregnant. Jesus is born away from friends and family and, even though it is never said, a prostitute is the midwife. Must be because she doesn't have her head covered.

A friend of mine has been having dreams that God is going to be doing something very new, and I think getting our heads round the idea that Jesus was born alone, with the despised of society around Him and that even though now Mary is revered at the time she was nearly stoned to death, and that wonderful Joseph took a while to be able to accept this truth.

I am interested to know what God is up to and wonder how much time I'll get over the holidays to pray and ponder it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment